As proud members of the National Association Of Landscape Professionals, we conscientiously commit to the following codes of professional conduct for the following reasons:
- To protect the interests of our membership.
- To ensure the highest level of professionalism within the landscape industry.
Commitment to Consumers
- Conduct business in a professional manner.
- Provide information based on honest, scientific, accurate, and factual knowledge.
- Practice honesty in advertising, proposals, and representation of capabilities.
Commitment to Our Environment
- Protect and preserve our most valuable resource, the environment.
- Operate in an environmentally safe manner.
- Follow vendor recommendations for products, chemicals, and equipment.
Commitment to the Law
- Adhere to all contractual obligations in essence and spirit.
- Abide by all laws and regulations affecting the green industry and support the enforcement of these laws.
Commitment to Fellow Professionals
- Deal fairly with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Avoid making unfounded statements, which, in any way, might injure the professional reputation of another.
- Refrain from recruiting another company’s employees during any Professional Landcare Network sponsored event.
- Recognize the importance of a strong relationship with vendors (suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and business service providers).
- Follow all vendor directions and recommendations for products and equipment. Vendors must report product testing and use results accurately.
- Promote the standards set forth in this Code of Ethics to all customers, nonmember industry representatives, suppliers, and fellow lawn and landscape companies.
Commitment to the Association
- Adhere to the by-laws of the association.
- Strive to participate in continuing education.
- Strive to attain certification.
Commitment to Employees
- Develop, promote, and reinforce good safety practices throughout all phases of operations.
- Encourage equal opportunities for all people in education and employment without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
- Respect colleagues and the endeavors of colleagues.
- Offer employees a fair and safe working environment, educational possibilities, and career opportunities.
- Use sound professional management practices and encourage employees to respond to their peers in a respectful manner.